Using Android 5.0+ lock screen notifications? Tired of having to press the power button to see them? Then this app is for you!
FINGERPRINT SENSORS AND SMARTLOCKS
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
For some optional features Glimpse Notifications can turn off the screen. This happens with a delay imposed by Android and smartlocks such as fingerprint sensors keep working. Optionally the app can be registered as a device administrator. The screen is then locked immediately and completely.
• Keeps using the default lockscreen
• Control how long the lockscreen is shown
• Double-tap to lock
• Choose which apps whose notifications should turn on the screen
• Multiple Quiet Times to prevent the screen from turning on at a bad time
• Supports Lollipop Priority Interruptions and Marshmallow Do Not Disturb (DND) modes
• Extensive pocket mode to prevent the screen from turning on in your pocket
• Double-tap to lock on the lockscreen
• Recurring notifications
• Motion detection notices when you picket up the phone to check a new notification
• Using modern Android APIs this app is as compliant and energy efficient as possible
• No ads
• This is a private pet project - so it's free! No data is being collected!
Caschys Blog (German): http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/app-tipp-glimpse-notifications/
XDA Development Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-glimpse-notifications-t3090575
Nullgrad Apps on Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NullgradApps/posts
• BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE: Core permission to have the app being informed about new notifications. This is required.
• WAKE_LOCK: required to turn on the screen
• READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to determine the duration of custom notification sounds.
• SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: to implement double-tap to lock and to notice user interactions when a customized lockscreen display time is chosen.
• BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN: for custom lock screen durations or double tap to lock, you can chose to register it as a Device Administrator to fully and immediately lock the screen.
• VIBRATE: recurring notifications can be indicated using a vibration pattern
PERSISTENT NOTIFICATION ON SAMSUNG DEVICES
Please read the FAQ post to understand why this is necessary: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1REF7GWDfjR8ll0ztzYLdKAHd7L3cv47MJJHGNtwbYjM/#heading=h.4qeprx59ntit
NOTE FOR SAMSUNG EDGE LIGHTING
Edge lighting and Glimpse Notifications try to solve the same problem. To avoid conflicts, it is recommended to disable Edge lighting or at least remove Glimpse Notifications from Edge lighting.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Nullgrad Apps cannot be held responsible for damages happening by using this app. This includes, but is not limited to, notifications being missed or misinterpreted due some function of Glimpse Notifications.